• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Extreme Exhaustion After Infusion

I've been on Remicade for about 4 years. I got my most recent infusion on Monday and have been extremely exhausted since. I normally can cure this with a quick cat nap afterwards, but not this time.

My appetite since has been non-existent and there has been a very slight dull pain where i normally get one during a flare.

I have a call into my Dr but was wondering if anyone else has had these types of symptoms.

Hmm I do usually have fatigue after my infusion but it is usually a one day thing. It does sound like you could be in the start of a flare up.

I just got off of the phone with my Doctor. He wants me to come in for blood work and a quick check up next week.

I really hope it's not the beginning of a flare!!

My daughter had been down for several days after infusions. Finally after upping the dosage though it is was only the day after and then she went back to school.

I met with a DR yesterday out of the same office and they are testing me for building antibodies to the Remicade. I should know the results early next week.

I finally found out what the problem was....my body built up antibodies to the Remicade. My GI wants to start me on Humira now, ugh.