Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Clothing help needed for UK ileostomy

04-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
persephone300

Clothing help needed for UK ileostomy

To any ladies out there with an ileostomy, can you help me?

I haven't been able to get any jeans to fit well since I had my op. They are way too tight over my bag, and it feels constricted, and I've been a "leaker" in the past - and the same goes now, I'd worry the whole time it couldnt breathe.

I hate the look of jeggings, and I wear a lot of leggings right now under dresses because they give all the stretch I need over my bag, now only on the stomach but on the leg too.

I'm considering buying some maternity jeans, thinking that they might allow extra room, I've tried stretch ones, and still no luck there. Can't seem to find elasticated jeans around which would be easier.

Any advice? Whst do you do? I'd really like to have a pair again.

Taken numerous drugs all had side effects/hasn't worked so had subtotal colectomy 19th Oct 2012.

Probs with inverted shrinking stoma, daily leakage, burns, pain, miserable. Revision March 2013 and much better quality of life, but occasional leakage, burns and a stoma that refuses to stick out every day is the norm.
04-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #2
Nyx

My Support Groups:
Can you wear low rise jeans and just leave your bag hanging out?

Crohn's Diagnosis: May 2006
Current meds: none
Surgeries: Colostomy, December 2009

"Never trust a fart." Jack Nicholson, The Bucket List

Oscar is awesome! Loving my life with my stoma (with a hint of poo)!!

04-26-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
I wear my bag hanging out all the time since it just sits in the wrong place for any of the jeans I have. Low rise jeans are great.

Terriernut (who hasn't been around in a few years) swore by maternity pants. She loved them! I know there are a few others here that wear them also, but can't think of who right off.

Total colectomy with ileostomy featuring Sideshow Bob since January 2012

"The colon seems an unlikely candidate for dramatic effect, but now and then it serves that purpose well." The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
04-27-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
Grotbags

My Support Groups:
I wear maternity leggings/jeans all the time, I love them they are so comfy, it will take a lot to get me out of them now.
I find both over and under bump waist lines are fine with my pouch, but you may prefer the over the bump ones if you've had previous problems.
I can recommend Mothercares stuff, I just bought a pair of boyfriend cut jeans and they are so comfy, they are over the bump and I think they were 30.
I normally buy online as our nearest store is tiny.
Other good options are Gap, their maternity stuff is online only, and Amazon.

Crohn's since 1988
Ileostomy since 12/12/14 and loving it.
Med free for now
04-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #5
persephone300

Thank you. That's really helpful. I'll have a look
04-27-2015, 02:35 PM   #6
Grotbags

My Support Groups:
http://www.mothercare.com/Blue-Wash-...singlehit=true

These are the ones I got, very comfy relaxed fit with a bit of stretch in them, although there's really no need for the stretch as they are so loose fitting.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Clothing help needed for UK ileostomy