• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here - patient of Prof. Borody

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself as I was diagnosed with Crohns only a few months ago and am new here.

I had symptoms for years but no gastroenterologist knew what was going on. One day a friend of mine was telling me about one of their friends, Professor Tom Borody. His waiting list was over a year but thanks to this mutual friend he saw me the following week... I had a colonoscopy with him and he confirmed it was Crohns.

I am in the second stage of Anti-MAP treatment, on Rifabutin, Clarithromycin and Clofazimine. I've met quite a few other ex patients of his who are completely fine now after his faecal microbiota transplantation treatment. I'm scheduled in for it once they've killed off this last strain of nasty bacteria. It's causing horrid nausea.

Unfortunately the nausea is probably the worst at the moment, I've been basically diarrhoea free for almost a month now which is AMAZING! Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and report on my progress with Borody in case it fixes me and it can help other people on here :)

Honey

Staff member
Hi there and welcome,
I hope all goes well for you in your treatment. It is interesting though I do not know about it. I was on Remicade infusions after I had tried many other meds which I reacted badly to, and did not work. The side effects were worse than my Crohns. I had to stop infusions as I ended up in hospital with a lung infection.
I am currently well on no meds, except steroids, low doze, for another problem. Good luck, let me know how you are.
:panda::welcome:

Hi! Welcome to the forum!
I am so interested to hear from another patient of Dr Borody on the forum. Do keep posting!
What was the first stage of anti MAP therapy? how have the side effects been for you?
And what were your symptoms before diagnosis and disease location?
Hope things continue to go well!😃

Hello verrucktfuchs…I am so happy for you that Dr Borody's Aniti Map Therapy is working for you and so thankful that you shared that information with us. My son is 24 and has severe Crohns which is only getting worse every year that goes by and we are so worried for him. I have been researching Anti-Map for a while now and it seems to make so much sense to me…I feel its definitely worth a try especially since none of the usual meds are working for him and we have been through them all. If I might ask…could you please explain the details his treatment plan. We live in the states…but would gladly travel to Australia if I thought he could help my son. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much!

Hello verrucktfuchs…I am so happy for you that Dr Borody's Aniti Map Therapy is working for you and so thankful that you shared that information with us. My son is 24 and has severe Crohns which is only getting worse every year that goes by and we are so worried for him. I have been researching Anti-Map for a while now and it seems to make so much sense to me…I feel its definitely worth a try especially since none of the usual meds are working for him and we have been through them all. If I might ask…could you please explain the details his treatment plan. We live in the states…but would gladly travel to Australia if I thought he could help my son. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much!
hi there, you don't need to travel to Aus to get on anti-map, doctor william chamberlain prescribes it for some of his crohn's patients, he is a friend of Dr Borody. Tagging Rblock, he is on anti-map and lives in the states.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself as I was diagnosed with Crohns only a few months ago and am new here.

I had symptoms for years but no gastroenterologist knew what was going on. One day a friend of mine was telling me about one of their friends, Professor Tom Borody. His waiting list was over a year but thanks to this mutual friend he saw me the following week... I had a colonoscopy with him and he confirmed it was Crohns.

I am in the second stage of Anti-MAP treatment, on Rifabutin, Clarithromycin and Clofazimine. I've met quite a few other ex patients of his who are completely fine now after his faecal microbiota transplantation treatment. I'm scheduled in for it once they've killed off this last strain of nasty bacteria. It's causing horrid nausea.

Unfortunately the nausea is probably the worst at the moment, I've been basically diarrhoea free for almost a month now which is AMAZING! Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and report on my progress with Borody in case it fixes me and it can help other people on here :)

thanks for the intro, and hello from a fellow aussie, I've seen Prof Borody before, in fact he also prescribed me anti-map, though I decided to continue with remicade I am keeping anti-map up my sleeve should I need it. Just wondering, is the nausea a result of the treatment? how are your bloods etc if you've been monitoring them. The combination of anti-biotics can knock you around quite a bit. Hope you start feeling better.