Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira: Dripping Blood in Stool

04-26-2015, 10:10 PM   #1
Tragic Logic

Humira: Dripping Blood in Stool

Hey guys, I started taking Humira in January of this year to treat a flare up. It worked pretty well, essentially taking away all my stomach pain. However recently I've noticed that if I have a second bowel movement in a day, it would be bloody. I have one or two anal fissures (I think that's what they're called), and I believe some of the blood is coming from there. I was just wondering if dripping blood while having a bowel movement is a side effect of Humira?

Other meds I'm currently on: Imuran
Background info: Diagnosed in August 2008
First flare up: September 2014
04-26-2015, 11:00 PM   #2
Hope345
Forum Monitor

not that I have ever heard of.
Humira is suppose to decrease inflammation and stop the bleeding.
Keep close eye on your bleeding and I would contact your GI tomorrow....
Daughter (age 17) diagnosed with Crohns Colitis/UC 1/2012 Mod/severe changed to U.C.: 11/7/2014 anemia:blood transfusion current: Flare, weaning from Prednisone, still bloating: Meds ,Pentesa: 2000mg twice daily, Vegan diet, mesalamine enemas .Previous: mercaptopurine, Remicade (13 treatments), Imuran, prednisone ), Flagyl, iron infusions, cortifoam,
Continue to be hopeful
Daughter: age 21, undiagnosed: GI issues
04-26-2015, 11:16 PM   #3
Layla

My Support Groups:
I bleed form my fissures sometimes and I'm on Humira. But the fissures would bleed before Humira, I see no correlation for me.

Is the blood bright red? In that case it's probably the fissure but it wouldn't hurt to have it checked out.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira: Dripping Blood in Stool