• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stopped humira for hip surgery

Has anyone on here stopped and then restarted humira for surgery? I stopped it 3 weeks prior to and 3 weeks after the surgery. Since restarting, I have had three injections and still do not feel as good as I felt prior to stopping. Hope that I have not built up an immunity to it? I have general nausea off and on, but no pains.

I was told to stop my Humira prior to my resection surgery. I stopped two weeks before and waited three weeks after to re-start. I noticed that once restarting, I'm not getting more and more severe injection site reactions (red welts that last for days).

Otherwise, I feel fine...but I'm sure that is mostly a result of my surgery. I too am constantly worried about building up immunity! Hope you feel better soon!