• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Night sweats?

Just wondering if anyone else experiences night sweats with their Crohn's? I had excessive sweats for months where I had to change my sheets during the night, they stopped for a few months but seem to be reoccurring.

In the year l leading up to my diagnosis I used to have frequent night sweats... I remember waking up completely soaked in sweat and like you said, having to change my sheets or blankets. It was weird. They went away after I was finally medicated.

I had it for a few months just after I was diagnosed. I would need to change pyjamas and sometimes sheets. It seemed to go away from my disease was more under control.

I was in hospital a few weeks ago with an infection/flare up and this is when the sweats started again. Since then I have been put back on my steroids so I thought they would of settled down again. Strange.

I do wonder if the steroids also contribute. They have tons of side effects and when my disease was under control I got off the steroids so it seems very possible that night sweats could be a side effect.

I got night sweats before being diagnosed. Never thought anything of it nor mentioned it to the doctor. Maybe should have done tho

I had night sweats when things were bad, ended up having surgery. Definitely worth talking to md about. I remember having to change clothes and sleeping on op of towels so I wouldn't have to change sheets, just changed towels at night. Sucked. Kinda scary too.

I have night sweats at times, and it's strange because I don't sweat much at all the rest of the time, I can easily go without deodourant even in warm weather. But when I'm ill I sweat at night if I have a fever. Last year I had an infection, I was in hospital at the time and my temperature got to 40 degrees C. The night my fever broke I sweated so much the nurses had to change my sheets about four or five times. This happens in a much more minor way quite often when I'm a bit feverish. It's a side effect of steroids for me too.

I've not had night sweats with active Crohn's except when I had a post-op infection. But I have more recently been having much more minor night sweats now I'm supposedly in remission and also PET-scan-confirmed free from infection. Definitely something to pay attention to though.

I always considered the night sweats a physical manifestation of the crohn's. Once I started taking prednisone, then Lialda, the night sweats stopped.

I've not had night sweats with active Crohn's except when I had a post-op infection. But I have more recently been having much more minor night sweats now I'm supposedly in remission and also PET-scan-confirmed free from infection. Definitely something to pay attention to though.
I can relate, I'm supposed to be in remission too but I get these night sweats every night, they're sooo annoyng.