Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Switching from 80mg Humira to Remicade?

04-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #1
Nancye50

My Support Groups:
Switching from 80mg Humira to Remicade?

I had a scope yesterday and despite having felt good for months, my guts are no better; probably worse. Has anyone switched from Humira to Remicade?
How long are your infusion appointments?
What are the different risk and side effect factors?
05-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
joeyme1

My Support Groups:
I just switched from Humira to Remicade. Last Tuesday was my second infusion. I'm there for a little over three hours. It's like a mini vacation. The risks and side effects are basically the same. I like that I don't have the stinging injection anymore.
05-02-2015, 12:54 AM   #3
FrozenGirl

About 2.5 hours. 2 actually running the Remi then .5 hour putting in iv, mixing meds, them taking out IV. Some places make you wait an hour or so after your Infusion to watch for reaction. I did that for my first three infusions. Risks and side effects are very similar though Remi has an increased risk of allergic reaction and anaphylaxis as it is not entirely human. It is not very common however and the nurse is fully equipped to handle anything should there be an issue.
Vitamin D 1000iu
Calcium
Tecta 40mg
Remicade: 600mg, every 4 weeks
Methotrexate: 15 mg (injection)
05-02-2015, 08:45 AM   #4
Nancye50

My Support Groups:
Great, thank you both. I hope she goes this route instead of adding Imuran to my Humira.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Switching from 80mg Humira to Remicade?