05-01-2015, 08:18 AM   #1
Postpartum symptoms

Hi there,

I haven't been on here for a while as Ive been pregnant and had a healthy baby girl on 7 Feb. Humira until 26 weeks into pregnancy, but otherwise fortunately symptoms went away during the pregnancy.

Went back onto Humira 3 weeks after birth and baby was 5 weeks early as I have an incompetent cervix and had a stitch in place from 14 weeks onwards. Spontaneous labor and normal delivery.

For the last week I have started getting pains in my mid section - usually crohns is on the right side - in the terminal ileum. Also accompanied with nausea, especially when I am sleeping. I am breastfeeding.

Anyone had similar symptoms or just general information on how you felt post partum and your management of crohns.
05-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #2

My Support Groups:
I felt great until my baby turned 6 months and started to flare. I had stopped my meds before (I was on 6mp) getting pregnant because I had been well for so long, I wanted to see if I could go off meds and also preferred carrying a child without being on 6mp. Anyway, so I had a bad flare in October and I'm just getting better now. I used to have RLQ pain but this time it was more around the belly button, and crampy/squishy (I do have a stricture). I also had a lot of upper GI symptoms and so much nausea, I lived on zofran. I lost 20 pounds quickly. So I was put back on prednisone and 6mp and just started remicade.