Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Anyone having trouble with Convatec Combihesive?

05-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
hopeful

My Support Groups:
Anyone having trouble with Convatec Combihesive?

So have been using it (moldable) for a few years - was great till now. But in past few months, bag often comes loose from the base - has happened to me 6 times now - several in public :-(

Anyone else encountered this?

I wonder if a fault in a manufacturing batch.
07-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi it may be that you have a bad batch as you say, but I found that Stomahesive paste worked best for me.I just put it around the flange of my bag nearest the hole cut out for my stoma.with the paste I had hardly any leaks and my skin around my stoma improved also.if you haven't tried it give its go and see if it helps!!.I know you posted a couple of months ago but I've only just seen it !!.
07-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
As stated it could be a bad batch. Things change over time and a new system may be needed. I've gone through a number of products and manufacturers over the years.

Can you talk to a stoma nurse?

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
07-28-2015, 07:40 PM   #4
Dukeis
Dynastic Overlord

My Support Groups:
I have been using the Convatec moldable for 2 years now and I ran into this last year. It was one box that was bad. They just wouldn't stick for more then a few hours. I called Convatec about it and they sent me a replacement box. That was the only one I had trouble with, thank goodness. I love the moldable wafers!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Anyone having trouble with Convatec Combihesive?