• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to this app, Trying to get in remission!!

I am on here because I have have severe Crohn's disease for 11 years. April 2014 A flareup started that I have yet to turn around. I was prednisones dependent most of that time. I just got off prednisone but now have debilitating fatigue. doing the last year I've struggled with eating on and off due to symptoms.
I have been on a mainly liquid diet as well as avoiding everything that causes inflammation and only consuming things that fight information. I am trying with homeopathic treatments and diets to self heel into remission.
I have been Following Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Caffein Free, Meat Free, and cutting any sugar additives as much as I can.
I am also following a homeopathic regimen of stuff I am doing and taking every day.

Hi Asheley. I am sorry you are not feeling good. Have you checked your Vit. D levels lately? Have you considered going into another kind of medicine? Unfortunately diet modification by itself was not very effective for my daughter and we had to jump into the biologic meds. I hope you find something that works for you. Sending Support your way.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community.

What medication are you currently on and what have you tried besides the prednisone?

Have you had your vitamin B12 tested? B12 deficiency is VERY common in people with Crohn's disease and can cause fatigue.

All my best to you!

Welcome to the forum!

Are you taking any maintenance medications? It does sound like you need a treatment that will get you properly into remission and something to help you stay in remission.

Since you're on a mainly liquid diet anyway, are you interested in trying Exclusive Enteral Nutrition? The therapeutic benefit is similar to steroids for many people but without the side effects and a 6-8 week course would hopefully get you into remission and give you time to get another treatment started to help you maintain it.

As you're interested in diet here's some research into the IBD-AID diet which has been used in combination with medication to help achieve and maintain remission:
http://www.umassmed.edu/nutrition/ib...aid-reference/
http://www.umassmed.edu/nutrition/ibd/ibd-aid/
diet chart with phases

Good luck!