• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi from Denver

Hi my name is Nic, I'm 23 and I have had Crohns since 2005. I've been trying to deal with this by myself but it gets kind of tough not being around people who can sympathize with you. I'm really glad I found this forum because I think it will def make things easier.

A long story short: Soon after high school I began sharting and feeling like crap (no pun intended). My first time being admitted to the hospital I had already lost about 20lbs. I had a 3 month stint in the hospital and by the time I got out I had lost 75lbs. I even amazed the docs because I was on TPN and Lipids plus eating 3 square meals a day. The only thing that kept me from dying was laughter and Remicade.

I'm still on Remicade every 8 weeks and nothing else. I'm doing really well and don't have hardly any symptoms any more. Over the years the only surgeries I've had were to get my gallbladder and appendix out.

Social life kind of sucks right now cause all my friends want to go out and get drunk all the time. I on the other hand cannot heavily drink without paying for it the next day. Also, on days that I'm tired, I can't explain to my friends why. Thank goodness there are people here who know what the hell I'm talking about.

I work as an EMT in the Denver Metro Area and that being said, I have a sense of humor about my disease. There have been several times when I've had to make an emergent stop at a bathroom. Plus handing off a patient to a ER Doc talking at warp speed cause I have to crap is always amusing.

Well glad to be here.
-Nic

Welcome Nic. I too am from the Denver area. I was diagnosed in March but I think that I may have had this for a while. Before I was diagnosed, I did lose about 20 lbs but thanks to steroids, I've gained it all back.

Anyhow, welcome and if you need to talk, feel free to contact me.