• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

From Seattle!

Hello all. I've had crohn's since age 19 and i'm 26 now. I live a pretty much pain free life. I've had several fistulas over the years that cure pretty fast with cipro. I first started taking remicade for the first 1.5 years. My condition basically went away. I ended up loosing my health insurance and had to quit remicade. After 1 year with no meds and no pain I ate 1lb of dried apricots!!! 3 days in the hospital.

I was put back on remicade but my body developed resistance to it and I would get severe respitory reactions to it. I mean severe reactions. Now I take Humira. Humira works well but not as good for fistulas.

It took me years to figure what I could and could not eat. I've got it down pretty darn good.

For the first 3 years of Crohn's I couldn't figure out why I always had stomach pain when I would wake up in the mornings. This was every morning. I realized it was because of sleeping on my right side which I would always do. Now I sleep on my left side and I have no morning issues. Anybody else have this morning pain issue and figure this out?????

I'm glad I found this site, i hope i'll learn a lot and live a healthy and pain free life.

Corey From seattle!

Funny you mention which side you sleep on: I find the same, sleep on my left side and I'm okay. On my right and I have some discomfort - can't really call it pain, but isomething's not right.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I think i'm lucky for the most part, I can and do work 6-7 days a week, and have time with my 4mo daughter without crohn's affecting my life that much.

I use to eat so much junk, it took me years to stay away. Eating candy became like playing with fire, and if you keep playing, you're gonna get burned! lol.

Guess what triggered my first hospital visit to be diagnosed with Crohn's? Eating 2lbs bag of reeces buttercups over 2 days. Prior to that i had no pain.

misscris said:
Yea! Another Washingtonian! Woo! :welcome:
lol. I'm in the auburn/federal way area.

beth said:
Funny you mention which side you sleep on: I find the same, sleep on my left side and I'm okay. On my right and I have some discomfort - can't really call it pain, but isomething's not right.

Welcome!
I had the morning discomfort discussion with my doctor for years until I figured out what it was. Or if I rest anything on my stomach I get discomfort, its really amazing when you think about it.

I have that side issue too, but with me it's the opposite. When I'm in pain I have to sleep on my right side or hold a hot water bottle to that area.

When I was younger and had this right-sided pain the doctor who said "it's only IBS" also told me it was a 'grumbling appendix'. Well, I've never heard of a grumbling appendix that went on for 20 years!