• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here, doctor suspects Ulcerative Colitis

Hi ��

My name is Louise and just had 3 polyps removed docs reckon I have ulcerative colitis and thought id come on here to get advice and read other peoples stories I've still not got my results thru for my biopsy have to speak to a consultant on the 15th of June my symptoms where bleeding and dioreaha from the rectum and inflammation of the bowels I've been bleeding since February alot of blood. They are taking time for the results and I'm a bit concerned I feel weak and tired all the time my fingers are swollen I'm bloated. I've to take a suppository steroid liquid to put up my rectum to calm the inflammation. Any other people in this forum have these symptoms and is it anything to worry about? Thanks Lou xx

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the forum.It's not right for us to make a diagnosis of your symptoms until you've had confirmation from your GI.What I will say is your symptoms sound very like mine when I was dx'd in 2006.At that time I was dx'd with Proctitis,and have had success with Asacol Supps.since then.I now have Crohns colitis, according to tests I've been having since last August,but that's another story.
The interminable waiting for tests,then consultations then trying this or that medications is enough to drive any body mad,but it all gets sorted eventually.You'll get lots of advice and support from the forum.We're all different,so pick out the best bits hahaha.
Feel better soon,and keep us updated.

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi, I have similar disease. when did you start the cortisone enemas? It should be kicking in soon. Cortisone enemas is better than cortisone pills in terms of side effects. So if this treatment can work for you and bring you to remission, thats would be awesome. wishing you well.

Last edited: