• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bootea 14 Day Teatox

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the Bootea 14 day teatox and whether it had any effect on their crohns? I'm really interested in giving it a go but am slightly concerned of the night time tea, although my crohns is mild and under control with Aza.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks x

No I haven't tried this but if you do please let us know how you get on! I find warm drinks like vegetable stock soothing on my stomach, probably more mentally than physically though, so I guess this tea should do the same! Good luck!

I think I'm going to give it a try but will check with the doctor first as that's the advise if you have any conditions! i will let you know if I do :)

I have been doing the teatox for a week now and it hasn't really had much of a laxative effect on me, I've just been normal really! But as previously mentioned my crohns is very controlled and apparently it does affect people in different ways!
The laxative used is Senna leaves which can lead to diarrheah and stomach cramps so it probably is best to check with your doctor first as they know your symptoms x

Ahhh ok. Were you trying this to try relieve constipation? I dread to think if the results if I drunk a laxative haha, I'd be on the toilet the whole day!

Im new to this just started bootea yesterday and the stomach cramps and pains are horrid like im getting a flare up so going to stop taking it i think

"Detoxing" to lose weight is little more than a marketing gimmick. You're going to lose water weight because your body doesn't retain as much water if you're consuming more. It's not going to decrease fat content unless you're reducing calories consumed. There's little evidence that any safe or legal supplements have a noticeable effect on weight loss.

Even the mystical green coffee extract basically chalks up to the effects of caffeine, the same benefit you get from a cup of coffee.

http://www.dietpillswatchdog.com/bootea/

To put it in perspective - bodybuilders, people who aren't adverse to using illegal and illicit means to reach peak physical shape, often use ephedra and caffeine as a cutting agent. These stimulants are banned in most competitions due to their effectiveness and dangers in using them, and at high, dangerous doses are still only capable of shedding fractional amounts of weight, we're talking maybe 0.4 lb.s of body fat a week at the risk of a heart attack.

They use this coupled with cardio and clean dieting.

If anything truly worked better or safer, they'd be using it.

Last edited: