Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Has 6mp helped anyone with joint pains and crohns

06-02-2015, 02:37 AM   #1
lynnmaree21

Has 6mp helped anyone with joint pains and crohns

Hi, I have just joined this forum. I have been diagnosed with crohns since 1998 and have been on Pentasa 3 gm 2x day and this has kept me well with only 2-3 flare ups over the years until last year when following a particularly difficult flare up to get back into remission I developed joint pains for the first time. Especially in the hips and back and shoulders. My left ankle is also swollen with arthritis symptoms.
My abdomen/bowels are fine but the aching joints are really getting me down. My gastroenterologist is suggesting I start 6mp ( mercaptopurine).
Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this drug, I'm a bit nervous about the step up in treatment but am thoroughly sick of walking around like an old woman!
06-02-2015, 07:15 AM   #2
Mr chicken

http://www.spondylitis.org/about/ibd.aspx

See a rheumotolgists
Spondyloarthritis is common with Ibd
And so is anyklosing spondylitis

Vsl#3ds iron Zantac folic acid

Aka MLP....

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Has 6mp helped anyone with joint pains and crohns