• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Has 6mp helped anyone with joint pains and crohns

Hi, I have just joined this forum. I have been diagnosed with crohns since 1998 and have been on Pentasa 3 gm 2x day and this has kept me well with only 2-3 flare ups over the years until last year when following a particularly difficult flare up to get back into remission I developed joint pains for the first time. Especially in the hips and back and shoulders. My left ankle is also swollen with arthritis symptoms.
My abdomen/bowels are fine but the aching joints are really getting me down. My gastroenterologist is suggesting I start 6mp ( mercaptopurine).
:sign0085::sign0085:Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this drug, I'm a bit nervous about the step up in treatment but am thoroughly sick of walking around like an old woman!