Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira journey began today

06-09-2015, 01:47 AM   #1
mamalana

My Support Groups:
Humira journey began today

I began my Humira journey today, and I must say- all four injections were almost laughable! Yes, there is a bit of stinging and some soreness, but nothing like what I expected! I was slightly fatigued, but that's nothing as I am also quite anemic. Other than that, I've been going along as usual. I truly hope that this combo therapy (with Imuran) will be the relief I'm needing.

Dx Crohn's 2014

Current Rx:
Remicade (starting 2/16/16), Imuran, Celebrex, Flovent (for EoE), Singulair

Previous Rx:
Prednisone (pure evil), Budesonide (bad reaction), Prilosec, Bentyl, Protonix, Cimzia (failed after 4 months), Humira (failed after 7 months)
06-09-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
Forum Monitor

That's great! I found the early injections easy - for me they have got more painful (but not terrible) which it seems they do for some. A girl who was also doing the injection training/loading doses at the same time as me found them absolutely unbearable - our bodies all respond so differently! No fatigue for me either but some do get that to an extreme. Anyway it's great that it was so easy for you and I hope the treatment works really well and gives you a long remission
Past treatments: prednisolone, azathioprine, budesonide, pentasa, EEN (oral and NG), elimination diet, SCD, whipworms, 6mp, Remicade, anti-MAP antibiotic therapy
Surgeries: small bowel resection and strictureplasties in 2001, 2005, 2009, 2014
06-11-2015, 12:16 PM   #3
MikeinBklyn
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Mama,

best of luck with the H. After 5 years + I can say it was life changing. I hope you have as good results as I and others here have had. Personally, I don't think the injections are a big deal.

Best of Luck, Mike

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira journey began today