• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Let me reintroduce myself.

It has been awhile since I have been active on the forum. Alittle about my history I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 2010.
Had a hand assisted ileocolic resection 2013 (Removed foot and half)
Been on Humira no help
Been on Remicade no help
Now fixing to start Entyvio (June 19th)
It has ben a long haul. During the time I have been gone I have gotten divorced and met someone new who is amazing and kind (So YAY me! :dusty: ) I have yet to hit remission. Still having the same troubles pain, and excessive diarrhea :poo:
I have lost so much weight it is horrible. I can not eat and can not for the life of me figure out my trigger foods. One week I can eat something and then try to eat the same thing next week and be in horrible pain. But that is enough of the moaning.
I decided to come back and actively participate and be with ones who know exactly what I am going thru.
I'm glad to be back.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Welcome back! :D

Glad to hear that you met someone. I'm really happy for you! Sorry to hear that you still aren't feeling well though. Hopefully Entyvio will help get you into remission. We have a new section on the forum for it here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319 Let us know how you do on it.

As for foods, what sort of diet are you trying? Is it low residue? Have you tried an all liquid diet?

Keep us posted and glad to see you back! :)

You have been through a lot in 5 years. My thought and opinion is there is not always just one fix.
Go outside the box of the medical and try some natural options and see if they could help.
My son has done medicine and it made him sicker. My son did a very strict diet SCD for 18 months and than started to modify and now he does not always eat 100% but he appears to be doing fine. In 2013 he began helminth therapy and continues with that.
He was diagnosed in 2012 with moderate to severe Crohns and now he's gain from 115 to 158 and looks great and is enjoying a great life.