• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Confused!

Hey yall my names Dandi im 31 and right now im not sure which way to turn... For years i have dealt with random bouts of GI issues that were left undiagnosed and even now im unable to get a straight answer from a physician... GI issues run in my family so for a long tim i just considered them hereditary and normal but after being diagnosed with a UTI a few years back and being prescribed antibiotics (as i am Highly allergic to many already the selection of those i can us are extremely limited and usually expensive) my GI issues became so bad i was hospitalized for a week with a GI blockage and the IV meds helped thank God... but my pcp swore i had crohns put me on crohns meds (the name eludes me right now) and it only made me feel even more helpless... i was plagued with an annoying dry cough that would not go away so i stopped the meds myself and guess what the cough and helpless feels went away within days... i had both my upper and lower scopes done and both were INCONCLUSIVE!!! so for 2 years i went about life feeling happy and healthy once again... i gained back the weight i had lost and then some and finally felt good about myself... till once again i was diagnosed with a UTI and prescribed another round of antibiotics... yet again i ended up with a blockage and hospitalized just before christmas... IV meds and liquid diet helped and finally after being less then 24 hrs from surgery i was released from the hospital the day before christmas eve... at the follow up with the GI dr i asked if it could be a reaction to the antibiotics and he just said well maybe... if it happens again then we may have to look into stopping any oral antibiotics and just admitting u for IVs everytime u get sick... Now 7 months later im still trying to gain the weight back that i have lost... i feel tired most of the time and i just cant seem to find a balance while still hanging in limbo with no diagnosis... i have tracked my diet and i know that certain foods do effect me and as both my parents have been hospitalized with Diaticulitis i have really tracked the seed and nut intake and seen that it really does effect me so i have eliminated them from my diet completely... any other suggestions as to what i can do to help gain back the near 30 pounds i have lost leaving me at a VERY unhealthy weight... or even any other suggestions as to possible causes of the GI issues...