• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Intro + Newly Diagnosed

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself, because I have a feeling I'll be lurking on this community quite a bit.

I was was just diagnosed yesterday with Crohn's Disease after two months of seeing a lot of blood and years of having a lot of stomach pains and issues with dairy.

I'm not totally sure what I'm supposed to do from here. My doctor has prescribed me two medications after seeing from my colonoscopy how swollen everything is. I start them tomorrow and have to get a CT scan and endoscopy in about two weeks.

But enough about that, this is supposed to be an intro right? :) I'm 24 and currently living in NYC. I work in the wedding industry. One of my biggest passions is baking, it's my biggest stress reliever and I've just become obsessed with it.

This might be a bit of a post and run because if I don't go to bed by midnight I completely drag the next day, but I'm looking forward to talking to all of you and if you want to know anything more about me please feel free to ask away!

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi and welcome. sorry about your new diagnosis. I was same age as you when it started, been 14 years now... hopefully you will respond well to your meds and be healthy soon. wishing you well :) nice doggy btw!

Sorry for your diagnosis, I too have just been diagnosed after years of symptoms. We also share a love of baking.....I'm currently grieving about that, but looking forward to figuring out some new recipes. Hope all goes well with your scopes xx

Hi and welcome. sorry about your new diagnosis. I was same age as you when it started, been 14 years now... hopefully you will respond well to your meds and be healthy soon. wishing you well :) nice doggy btw!

Thank you! I'm really hoping these meds help too. And thank you again :) his name's Oscar and he's a very big diva

Sorry for your diagnosis, I too have just been diagnosed after years of symptoms. We also share a love of baking.....I'm currently grieving about that, but looking forward to figuring out some new recipes. Hope all goes well with your scopes xx

Ugh I know, I'm hoping this just becomes an excellent challenge for me to find good recipes. Let me know if you find any good ones!

Thank you! I'm really hoping these meds help too. And thank you again :) his name's Oscar and he's a very big diva

Ugh I know, I'm hoping this just becomes an excellent challenge for me to find good recipes. Let me know if you find any good ones!
Just wanted to share, there are some sites out there with Crohn's friendly desserts! Check out TheCrohnsJourneyFoundation.org and NoMoreCrohns.com. Of course work around whatever foods cause flare ups for you personally, but these might be a good start to satisfy your baking bug:wink:

If you search "desserts" in this forum there's also lots of recipes.