• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Crohns but not GI Problems...

Had 5-6 Colonoscopys since I was about 20.. Had bleeding problems since then. Had multiple doctors tell me everything from internal hemroids to nothing wrong at all. Then I had a tonsilectomy back in March. They noticed I was highly anemic on my pre op, and after upper and lower gi, multiple blood tests, and a capsule endoscopy, they found bleeding ulcers and now crohns. I have been on Lialda for 2-3 weeks but symptoms arent getting better. Now they are going to start me on infusions. I must say this all really sucks. Im not sure what to expect cost wise, or how my body will react to remicade infusions, but thats where I am right now. Its amazing to see how many people go through the same thing.. Anyway, thats my story in a nutshell..

Last edited:
Welcome hvacman. Sorry you have a need for this group. It is always scary starting out. Ive been on remicade for years without any problem. Remicade is usually covered more than Humira because it is considered a hospital visit/treatment rather than home med or precription. Hopefully they can find the right concoction of meds for you to stabilze everything. Lots of knowlegdeable information available from people on this website.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Honey

Staff member
Hi there and welcome, Remicade worked for me when all else had failed. It is finding the right treatment that suits you and helps is the most important thing. So I hope all goes well for you and you feel better soon. Let me know how you are. Best wishes.
:rosette1::welcome:

afidz

Super Moderator
Glad you got a diagnosis. It's hard in the beginning, there is so much to learn and some pretty big decisions to make. But you have this community to help you get through it. As already suggested, check out the remicade support group.
I started taking remicade in October. It had changed my life. I feel better now than I have in the last 8 years. I also have a few tips of arthritis, so remicade also really helps those. Be sure to talk to your doctor about remistart, it's a program to help cover the cost of the drug until your deductible is met. Hope it all works out for you

Last edited:
Thanks Afidz! Luckily as for right now I have medical financial assistance with Kaiser right now that will pay 100% of it until March. That'll give me plenty of time to get remistart to help pay.. Thanks again for the info!