Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » What are your calprotectin levels

06-30-2015, 01:24 AM   #1
mrsbrace

My Support Groups:
What are your calprotectin levels

I'm seriously stressing about my results at over 1800 what's been your results I see consultant next week for initial appointment but as I received results from gp via voice mail I wasn't able to ask any questions
06-30-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
Johnnysmom
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Fecal Cal results of 1800 are pretty high, but not unheard of. My son's highest was 586, but he was considered in remission then with no symptoms other than gaining weight was a bit difficult. He was never tested when first diagnosed because the test wasn't available to us at that time, but his level would have been higher for sure.

One thing that can make levels go higher is taking NSAIDS (like advil) for pain.

The Fecal cal results for us have always been used in combination with blood tests, symptoms, weight, etc. to get the full picture of how things are going. If you are finding lots of blood in your stool, pain, fevers that would be more concerning. My son's levels went down to normal within a 6 month time period without any changes in his meds so things can get better quickly. Just keep in touch with your Dr and let them know if you have any new symptoms and hopefully you will be able to discuss treatment options with your DR soon. If you are currently on meds, I would think an 1800 would be reason enough to discuss a change in meds.

Good luck!
6mp 50mg every day
Allopurinol 50mg -discontinued per new G.I. on 11/01/12
Multi Vitamin
Vitamin D3 1000mg
Prayer
06-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #3
mrsbrace

My Support Groups:
im not currently on any medication and havent been before the test either as am breast feeding. As yet am undiagnosed blood passed on 2 occasions (around time test was done) all blood tests came back normal and at time was getting pain (still am but mild) and diarrhea

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » What are your calprotectin levels