• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New Here

• Thread starter Raleigh 1inadecade
  • Start date
R

Raleigh 1inadecade

Diagnosed with Crohns back in 01 when I was 14. Went through the whole prednisone bit wait gain yadda yadda. Experienced little to no discomfort from it for almost a decade until I was admitted to the hospital on Aug 29th 2009 for rectal bleeding of the requiring 6 blood transfusions variety. Had 8inches resected as I had a mass in my bowels that had pretty much blocked the passing of food, doctors couldnt explain how I was able to eat or not feel any discomfort leading up to my admittance. During the surgery they even found some pills lodged in it. On the recovery road now.....taking 8 pentasa a day. Not having any trouble swallowing them.

Having a weird side effect after the surgery with bouts of vivid imagination. Makes it hard to watch football(soccer) and american football matches sometimes cus i think what they did didnt really happen.

R

Raleigh 1inadecade

Shantel said:
Welcome to the forum Raleigh. Wow - that is quite a story - sorry you had to have the surgery - but at least that mass wasn't causing you a bunch of grief before hand. Haven't heard of anyone having the vivid imagination thing, could it be a side effect of any other meds that you are on? I would maybe mention that to the doc the next time you are in. Anyway - welcome!

Hahha, I like to think of the imaginations as trips. They made the the misery after the surgery a little my dynamic. Thing is I wasnt on any meds after leaving the hospital. I just started taking the pentasa today. I dont imagine as much anymore. Some of it is probably also a result of me starting a job a AT&T 13 days after surgery and having to digest an encyclopedia worth of abbreviations, policies, procedures, and trying to get paid.

:ybatty: