Share Facebook

07-11-2015, 01:14 AM   #1
Michelle43

My Story

I am 43 have had crohns since I was 22. Been on many meds some have worked some have not A few years back had resection because I had an absess and obstructionI am now on Cimzia .pred. hydrocodone when needed .an antispasmodic, I eat have to go to bathroom immediately I am sore have pan that in n my abdomen near surgery site sometimes travels to my back several bouts of thrush Right now have thrush and pain on nystatin for the thrush Have done many catscans. mris nothing real new going on except.inflammation. going for a colonoscopy soon.Sick and tired of being sick and tired
07-11-2015, 05:56 AM   #2
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Michelle and welcome.

I'm sorry you've had such a rough battle.
Sending you my support.

Dave

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
07-11-2015, 07:46 AM   #3
Crohnzie Girl

My Support Groups:
Same here. Sending you supoort and i hope you find some comfort and remission real soon.

Colostomy since 2013 best thing for me!

Looking for support and sharing stories.
07-11-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
Forum Monitor

Sorry to hear about what you're going through. I was diagnosed with Crohn's nearly 20 years ago and I can most definitely relate to the long battle against this disease.

If your scans are showing inflammation then it sounds like you need a dosage change or perhaps to move meds again. Which meds did you try before Cimzia?
Past treatments: prednisolone, azathioprine, budesonide, pentasa, EEN (oral and NG), elimination diet, SCD, whipworms, 6mp, Remicade, anti-MAP antibiotic therapy
Surgeries: small bowel resection and strictureplasties in 2001, 2005, 2009, 2014
07-12-2015, 12:30 AM   #5
Caitlin84

My Support Groups:
Lately I can very much relate to the sick and tired of being sick and tired. Hang in there.