Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » It can feel good to relate

07-11-2015, 01:23 AM   #1
AniBlue

My Support Groups:
It can feel good to relate

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but...

I've been feeling pretty low, lately. And I stumbled upon this article:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jordandavids...ealth-problems

It made me cry but also made me feel a bit better. Being sick can be so lonely, at times. I have a great friend who supports me. But other than that, people around me (including my parents, sadly) don't seem to understand what I'm going through.

So anyway... It's a relief to hear about people experiencing similar stuff. I thought some of you might also appreciate it.
07-11-2015, 02:00 AM   #2
Ann Morgan
Thank you for sharing this article. I read it and yes, it can be depressing to read it and then it can also be inspiring to read it. I suffer from Ulcerative Colitis in addition to Major Depressive Disorder. No one can see my diseases. I look normal to them.

I have a second cousin that has a very rare form of Dwarfism. They did not think he would live very long. He has so many health issues, his entire life has been a challenge. He has to use an electric wheelchair too. He is now enrolled in college ! His family and his faith have really made him the amazing young man that he is today. He inspires others by accomplishing more than anyone would have imagined.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » It can feel good to relate