Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Negative results-anxiety and SSRI

07-15-2015, 07:17 AM   #1
meganwilson1991

My Support Groups:
Negative results-anxiety and SSRI

Hi all,

Have any of you had negative scopes, blood tests etc and the doctors has diagnosed IBS or something functional? If so do you think it's possible that the symptoms stem from anxiety?

Have any of you tried SSRIs or something similar and symptoms disappeared??

It might be the next line of medication for me.

Thanks, wishing you all well xx

Last edited by meganwilson1991; 07-15-2015 at 07:48 AM.
07-16-2015, 05:18 PM   #2
Izzie

My Support Groups:
I really can't say whether it's possible that your issues are caused by anxiety or not since I'm not a medical professional.

But I will say - regardless of whether your problems are caused by anxiety, or you have a physical issue and the anxiety is a separate thing, dealing with your anxiety however you and your doctor sees fit could be a positive thing. Being anxious all the time is awful even when you're not physically feeling bad. If you do have something physical going on it'll be easier to deal with when you at least have your anxiety under control. That could mean medication or therapy or whatever, but anxiety is a real thing that is not at all fun or easy to deal with. That I know from personal experience. Finding ways to cope is essential to quality of life.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Negative results-anxiety and SSRI