• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

After ER visit wondering about UC or Crohn's

I was in the ER last week for abdominal pain with fever and was diagnosed with diverticulitis.

I also have Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction that results in off and on pancreatitis and low level chronic inflammation of the pancreas.

And I have GERD.

Oh and my gallbladder is gone.

The interesting thing is the night I left the ER I got a canker sore on my mouth. And I'm about to become anemic...probably with my next cycle with the way my hemoglobin is dropping.

I'm convinced the iron supplements caused the diverticulitis (not the pouching but the infection itself) as they were very hard on my system giving me either diarrhea or constipation.

The iron effects merged with my impaired digestion sans gallbladder and I had 3 weeks of unrelenting diarrhea, including the wonderful (not) bile dumping.

That resolved, thankfully, about a week before the diverticulitis started.

Anyway, I have a GI appt next week and am just trying to figure out which end is up.

I feel pretty awful b/c the antibiotics are keeping the diarrhea active. My iron is low. And my thyroid is working its way to hypothyroidism.

Any advice? Tips?

Last edited: