Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Do you have a rash that goes with your GI issues?

07-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
Shelle

Do you have a rash that goes with your GI issues?

I have this rash---a cross between a hive and eczema--that appears on my neck when I eat things that my gut doesn't like. Sometimes it bleeds under my skin and looks like it *might* blister (it never does though).

If it's not triggered by food, then it has really good timing. It doesn't show up unless I've eaten the wrong things.

I can't find ANY mention of this kind of rash being associated with GI issues anywhere.

Do any of you have any experience with something like this?

My one thought is maybe there's something akin to a dermatome referral with inflammation in my gut triggering the rash? Is that crazy to think?
07-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
i.d.crohnie

I have been told I have Chronic Utacaria - hives, due to Crohn's. Every day - it starts with an itch - anywhere - arm, leg, stomach, neck - and within 10 minutes develops into a rash that looks like red pimples and welts - extremely itchy. I have been to 2 different Allergist, and both said it was chronic utacaria after learning my history of Crohns. Neither cared to do allergy tests, they are so convinced it isn't a reaction to a food or product. Sometimes I get the dark red blotches on my arm like you described as bleeds under your skin. Allergist claims it's from scratching to hard. I take an OTC allergy pill every day, and sometimes doesn't help and I have to use cortisone cream. Very frustrating.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Do you have a rash that goes with your GI issues?