• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Not new, But becoming recognized.

Hi all.
my names Adam I'm 20yrs old and manage a pizzeria(very large part of my life as far as my love for pizza and the industry), and am a full time student (commuting) i have been living with crohns disease for about 3 years now.
ill admit i have had some acute stress related illnesses for me age group one more memorable moments was an event of shingles when i was 18. I have found it overly difficult to discuss this aspect of my life with all but a select few, and my family (thank god).
the oddity is like a young minded individual, i was put on a medication told to take it. I was brought to a steady point and i hardly remember a follow up. It was like they made me believed i was being fixed with a pill and in turn i ignored anything my body was telling me. it just feels as if from there i was stranded. I don't feel that it was ever clearly defined what a remission was,and now i assume that you can be in remission, but eating has its consequences, and for that reason my diet is terrible i attempt to eat healthy, but for me at times its not worth it or all that is around is fast food witch i kindly ignore. i tryied so hard at first to constantly ignore it, but really my disease is part of my life. I just must strive to stay healthy. I am managing to stay at a steady weight, but it seems to be so steady that everyone is gaining weight around me. 146 at 511 i'm a bit small.
(even writing this makes me feel over dramatic)
My medicine does not seem to do much other then keep my stool from being bloody,and some one soft at the times that its solid, ill have some different pains all around. i feel like its a matter of time before ill go into a less or more severe flare up, yet i seem to have a system to cope with who i am and i really am okay with it, but at those times when its impossible for me to be social like it really is over encumbering to be locked up in your room because even the little joys cant be enjoyed when your in as much pain.
now that I'm back in school I'm really beginning to notice how my daily needs facilitate my crohns i tend to drink way too many red bulls, and yes its death in a can, but my body seems to accept it readily ever since a disasters effects of coffee on my body at least when i was young. I am also starting to fall asleep in class i try to sleep well at night but i usually toss and turn with pain in my abdomen. I Decided i must go to my doctors and my apt. is this Friday yet it feels that when i go im going to be better versed then he is with my disease.

thank you all for making my comfortable with out even knowing it.

sorry if its a bit wordy, or incomprehensible

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you get some relief soon from the pain.
Let us know how your appointment goes.

Hello Adam and welcome to the Crohn's Forum. :)

You have come to the right place for support and perhaps some answers.
Please feel free to join in conversations, ask questions
or just vent.

There is someone usually around to talk to...
and I'd just like to say welcome aboard.

Healing hugs~Nancy

Hi Adam and WELCOME!

You sound like you are doing well to be working AND studying! What are you studying?

You will find this place really helpful and supportive

Sharon :Flower:

Welcome adam, your story sounds very familiar.I see what you mean about these doctors they give you a medication just to get you out of the way. I also struggle a bit with my weight but have also finally managed to get it back to what it was before I started becoming sick, with a healthy diet and supplements I use.

Anyways have a good day

MICWOOL