• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly diagnosed with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis

Hello, ppl! :sign0144:

The year was 2010. I started with diarrhea, gas, abdominal distension and gradually lose weight.

I was diagnosed with gastritis, duodenitis, ileitis, colitis and inflammation in the small intestine. But my GI says (despites all biopsies and evidences) that I have harmless damages when compared with others Crohn's patients -- because I never had pain, fever, bleeding, fistulas or any other severes sympthoms -- and he never wanted to diagnose Crohn. :awe:

Despite this, he prescibed some meds. I started with 5-ASA, pred and antibiotics... nothing has changed, except the fact that now I have renal problems (Pentasa-induced). Overall, I keep going to the bathroom 2 times before bedtime and 2 times just after waking up. I lost 26,6lbs/12kg in this process (2010-2015). "Just it", without other events. Two years have passed since I don't take any other med!

Well, in this month I did a magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography and... "Suspect of Sclerosis Cholangitis". I'll see my GI next thursday 29! Now I am very depressed. If it comes, I am afraid I have to do a transplant in the future. I hope God take care of me. I hope to have a long time before it happens! IF it happens! :pale:

I did every single test and almost everything remains well in my blood (including liver), except calpro and ORM, but just a little.

I'll suggest a treatment with LDN and vitamin D, but I guess he is very skeptical about it. :nonono:

I think I still don't need to get any severe treatment. And I don't want biologics because they are so nephrotoxic and have many side effects.

Pray for me, my friends! I am 25yo and so anxious! :(

Last edited:
Wishing you good luck at your doctor appointment. I hope you will not need a transplant as well. Keep us updated.

Thank you!

I hope that research on PSC continue to be made ​​and soon something new should appear. At least in time to help me and others in the same situation!

Update: two weeks ago I did a new Calpro and the result came out today: 1.800!

Well, well... my GI can no longer deny the facts. :eek2: