Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » I'm New to Crohn's

07-24-2015, 07:14 AM   #1
Cody_1980

I'm New to Crohn's

Hello I am Cody, I am 34 yrs old, and I was diagnosed with Crohn's about 3 weeks ago. I was experiencing terrible abdominal pain for about 2 months and had made about 10 ER trips and trips to my GP before a colonoscopy finally diagnosed me. I was put on Asacol 800mg 2 pills 3 x a day. I have noticed a slight decrease in belly pain but still hurt every day. I struggle to sleep and overall am very anxious and confused about my disease. I see a GI Doc in about 3 weeks and until then I just hope to feel a little better every day.
07-24-2015, 07:48 AM   #2
Tony H

Hi Cody welcome to the forum , the asacol usually take a few weeks to help with your symptoms , the GI doc will probably put you on steroids to control your flare and they will if prescribed work very quickly , hope you feel better soon , and dont be afraid to ask any questions on the forum , there are a lot of very helpful people on here who will give you great advice and support .

emazole 40mg daily
07-24-2015, 04:39 PM   #3
Cody_1980

I appreciate the response. I will have a lot of questions but I want to gather myself a little before I start firing them.
07-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Madhu

My Support Groups:
Hi Cody

Sorry you had to join this forum. But you will feel lot better just by reading success stories here. I don't know much about Asacol so I can't comment on it. Just wanted to say hope you feel better soon. The beginning is always the toughest, slowly it will get easier and you will get the hang of it. Stay strong, my friend

Aarthi

Mild flare in Mar 2017. Remicade schedule adjusted

Current Meds - Remicade 10mg/kg
07-24-2015, 09:11 PM   #5
teeny5

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum Cody!

Previous meds: Sulfasalazine, Asacol, Rowasa, Pentasa, Entocort.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. -Ralph Waldo Emerson"

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » I'm New to Crohn's