Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New to this Forum- 20 Year Old w/ Crohns

08-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
alllison_x

My Support Groups:
New to this Forum- 20 Year Old w/ Crohns

Hi! My names Allison and I am 20 years old. I just got diagnosed with severe crohns disease in November of 2014. I really had no idea what the disease was up until that point. Nothing led up to me getting sick, it all hit me pretty fast. Unfortunately I had no idea what I had gotten into.

Anyways, I'm here to talk if anyone ever needs it (even though I am fairly new to the disease I still want to be of support)
I also want to get to know other teens out there going through the same thing as me!
08-07-2015, 06:21 AM   #2
teeny5

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum!

Previous meds: Sulfasalazine, Asacol, Rowasa, Pentasa, Entocort.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. -Ralph Waldo Emerson"
08-07-2015, 08:45 AM   #3
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi and welcome.
I'm glad you decided to join. Give yourself time to adjust.

Sending you my support.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
08-07-2015, 09:28 AM   #4
SarahBear

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum, Allison! Sorry you've had need to find us.

Are there any specific questions or concerns you're having? How is your treatment going so far?

Sarah.
Diagnosed with Crohn's disease 12/6/08.
Have taken: Prednisone, 6mp, methotrexate, Pentasa.
Currently waiting for a new medication!

Check out the Crohn's forum chat!

08-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #5
FrozenGirl

Welcome Allison!
I'm also 20 diagnosed Nov 2013. How are you doing now? Flaring, remission or the horrible In-between?
Vitamin D 1000iu
Calcium
Tecta 40mg
Remicade: 600mg, every 4 weeks
Methotrexate: 15 mg (injection)
08-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #6
alllison_x

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum, Allison! Sorry you've had need to find us.

Are there any specific questions or concerns you're having? How is your treatment going so far?
I don't have any questions so far..figuring everything out one day at a time. I got really sick about the month ago and ended up in the hospital. I was there for a week and given fluids through an IV the whole time. I also had a blood transfusion (two bags). Then they decided to do a colonoscopy to see if anything had changed sense I first got diagnosed and they found that there is only two inches out of my whole body not infected with crohns now (small intestine, large intestine, and colan are infected) I tried to stay away from Humira but my gastro said I needed the big guns now. so Ive just recently started that and I never thought I could ever feel "normal" again but i do!
08-08-2015, 08:08 PM   #7
alllison_x

My Support Groups:
Welcome Allison!
I'm also 20 diagnosed Nov 2013. How are you doing now? Flaring, remission or the horrible In-between?
Remisson! Thank god, I was so bad I couldn't even leave the house. My gastro recently put me on Humira (along with a few other things) and I have never felt better sense I got diagnosed. I am so relieved that this medication is working
08-09-2015, 05:56 PM   #8
Ian_H

My Support Groups:
Hey welcome!

I was diagnosed at 20 as well. Same diagnoses. The forum really helps out finding personal experiences of meds, surgeries etc that doctors can't truly give you. It helped a lot recently when I started remicade to read others experiences. Good luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Ian
08-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #9
Ian_H

My Support Groups:
Hey welcome!

I was diagnosed at 20 as well. Same diagnoses. The forum really helps out finding personal experiences of meds, surgeries etc that doctors can't truly give you. It helped a lot recently when I started remicade to read others experiences. Good luck and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Ian
08-09-2015, 08:01 PM   #10
Mr chicken

Glad humira is working so well for you
Ds is 11 ( dx at age 7) and has been on humira for 2.5 years now
It works wonders .

Vsl#3ds iron Zantac folic acid

Aka MLP....
08-10-2015, 03:37 AM   #11
pcrutchfield

Hi, I'm Phyllis and new to the Forum. I've been truly informed by several of you
I have been on Remicade every 4 weeks for 2 years along with Azathioprine which I take 4 pills daily. I read about the rashes and itching, that is what I am experiencing now. My doctor put me on benadryl and pepcid. It didn't seem to work, so I added Seabreeze for the rash. But it seems I'm getting what looks like lesions only on my backside. Has anyone experienced this?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New to this Forum- 20 Year Old w/ Crohns