• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum not to crohns

Hi I was diagnosed with Crohns 38 years ago the last 20 years have been controlled and I take no medication.

In the early years I was very poorly and suffered fistulas regularly which on one occasion resulted in a operation.

Over the last 6 months I have now started suffering from UTI (water infections) that wont clear up they are sending me for a ultra sound scan but was told that it might be the Crohns causing the problem.

anyone else had or being treated for this?

would love to hear your experiences

Thanks

scottsma

Hello and welcome to the forum.I have started to notice a change in my water works lately, but haven't had it investigated yet.I 've enough going on at the moment.
I think it's quite common though, so I expect someone will be along soon to help.

Welcome to the forum!

I had a deep pelvic abscess with widespread pelvic inflammation that caused issues for my bladder.

I don't have fistulising disease but I imagine that a fistula connected to your bladder could be a possible cause of recurrent UTIs. Have you had any other imaging of your bowel done recently?