Share Facebook

08-16-2015, 01:05 PM   #1
Worrywart

Fistula and abdo sinus

Hi all - I had crowns inmy large bowel and had an ileo stop my 30 years ago. I've been pretty good bowel wise since. In January of this year I had a hysterectomy and part of the bowel split, I was in hospital for 3 months. As a result of the surgery I have now developed a vsginal fistula and 2 sinus holes on my scar. They seep and I cover then with gauze pads. I have some seepage down below . Problem is it makes me so depressed - I'm sure like all of us - they are not good things to deal with but I know it could be so much worse. They are hoping the fistula will heal - thing is poo does t come out just like a beige liquid no smell - surgeon says it's linked to an area of inflamed gut ( not Crohn's though) and hopefully it will heal.
Sorry for long post just wanted to share with people who understand.
Thanks for listening xx
01-01-2016, 05:56 AM   #2
bigtruck

Hi worrywart I have Pm'd you, hope you got it.
01-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #3
Worrywart

Yes thank you - I have replied now 🙂
01-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Sending support
01-02-2016, 03:00 AM   #5
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi worrywart. Iv not had fistulas but did have a post op sinus on my scar. Due to an internal stitch not dissolving. My surgeon did a minor surgical repair on it (day case) and its been fine since.
Best wishes 💕
01-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
Worrywart

Thanks Mandy. The things is I'm not 100% sire it is a fistula. That's said there is obviously something going on. They refer to it as a sinus but some doctors say if it was a sinus it would have healed by now. what problems did your sinus cause - did it weep, did yu have to wear dressings?
I think there is a tiny connection with my bowel, sometimes bits come out which look very suspicious ie seed, herb or something. No one believes me though as there is no evidence of a connection on the CT. it's a mystery, all I know it has made me very unhappy over the past year - I went in for a hysterectomy and came out with more problems than I went in for! Thanks for your input though - be interested to know how your sinus behaved on a daily basis xx
01-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #7
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi mine was very small like the size of the push down top of a pen. Apperently caused by a stitch not disolving internaly. It just wouldnt heal n wept a bit but not much. I used to put a dressing on it. Till i showed my nurse n she got on to my surgeon . He then did the minor op to put it right. Which for me was to open the scar a bit remove the stitch an re stitch the suface skin. All fine since then. Im not sure if all sinus's are the same mind you. Hope this is usefull..💕