Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Diagnosed for 8 months

08-16-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
Kristygedman

Diagnosed for 8 months

So after years of dealing (20 plus) with bad GI symptoms I was diagnosed with Crohns. I started with Pentasa but that did not help. Then I started entocort and Remicade. I get my first regular dose Thursday after 8 weeks. I flared two days ago, so I am guessing 8 weeks may be too long since this was my first flare since starting Remicade.
I am 34 years old and the mother of 3 with a full time job. Thankfully my husband is a nurse and is a huge support, but a lot of the time I feel like he just does not understand how I feel. Everyday is a struggle just to try to be normal. Sorry for rambling and thank you for listening.

08-17-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
Tuff

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum. I had my Remicade infusions switched to 6 weeks, because I started getting sick a week before getting it.
I feel pretty normal atm but life still feels like a struggle on some days. I've learned to relax and rest on the harder days. I used to push myself, and found that I would feel progressively worse doing that.

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
08-18-2015, 06:43 AM   #3
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome
Ds never even made it to 8 weeks while on remicade
He needed dosing at 7,5 mg/kg every 6 weeks
08-22-2015, 05:48 PM   #4
David
Co-Founder

Hi Kristy and welcome to the community. Thanks for joining and sharing your story

Have you told your GI about the latest flare? As mentioned, a lower time frame may be the best best for you.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Diagnosed for 8 months