Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Relationship Troubles and IBD Support Group

12-06-2017, 07:42 AM   #31
Rainbowchaser

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for your kind supportive messages. My main debilitating symptoms have subsided quite a bit on the 50mg Prednisone. However the symptoms started right away when I started the taper to 45mg. So I am staying on the 45 mg until I see my rheumatologist again as per my GP. The insomnia, vomiting, nausea, inability to keep down fluids and food, and the anal abscesses that havenít healed since 2014 are gone. No blood or mucus in my stool. I am in the middle of a 10-year marriage separation and I am healthier than I was for a long time.

Due to the drastic improvement my family doctor had a sit down with me regarding life expectancy and quality of life. I have had body wasting since 2013 and wants me to consider moving to a biological class of medications. He doesnít think long term Prednisone use is the best treatment due to severe eating problems for the past four years. I lost 60 lbs in 3 months (4 years ago) and was never able to gain it back. I also need to start osteoporosis meds. I have tried managing this disease with as little medication as possible, knowing biologics would likely be needed down the road. But I have hope again. Despite being alone for the first time in my life I am free from the constant daily stress of my marriage.

I didnít recognize the amount of stress I was under (really, really donít want to disclose the details) but it was bad.

I hope my rapid improvement gives others hope that when the disease worsens and never seems to get better - stay strong and have hope. I am over the hump, my GP says, and I finally have a quality life that I am so encouraged to hold onto. I no longer feel I am a hostage to this disease.

Love to you all and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. ❤️❤️❤️
Wishing you all love, hope, and great health ❤️
12-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #32
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Rainbowchaser,wishing you the best.
12-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #33
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
∑ Stoma
Hi rainbow ..so glad to hear things are improving for you health wise.
Enjoy your husband free freedom and take care of yourself hun .
Best wishes n hugs 💕💕
12-06-2017, 03:59 PM   #34
Rainbowchaser

Thanks guys 😊
12-06-2017, 08:47 PM   #35
cmack

My Support Groups:
I'm glad you are here Rainbowchaser, I appreciate you.
12-07-2017, 05:51 AM   #36
Rainbowchaser

Hey all,

I lost my wife but not my life. No kidding. I feel for you all with IBD causing breakups.

"If you can't put up with me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best"

cmack
I like a Ned Flanders meme from the Simpsons tv show that says ďIf you canít handle me at my diddliest you donít deserve me at my doodliestĒ 😁
12-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #37
Scipio

My Support Groups:
∑ Stelara
I have had body wasting since 2013 and wants me to consider moving to a biological class of medications. He doesnít think long term Prednisone use is the best treatment due to severe eating problems for the past four years.
I agree with your doctor. Long term use of prednisone is never a good solution. Recently, I finally gave in and moved to biologics, and it's still early days yet, but so far things are working out fine.
12-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #38
Rainbowchaser

Good to hear! I am so amazed by the prednisone but Iím already underweight and need osteo meds. I hear Remicade is good for a lot of people. I am so grateful things are finally getting tolerable. I need to work on not feeling guilty about being sick and realize the people who love me really want to help. Itís terrible to feel like a burden but I am realizing I am not. Finally 🙂

I hope you are doing well too Scipio 😊
12-08-2017, 05:04 AM   #39
Rainbowchaser

Groan... I think I jinxed myself 😔
Crohns still doing well but arthritis flared again and I am back to using the walker this morning. But the worst symptoms are still okay. And I have people who care about me around and it is so much more tolerable.

Checking over to prednisone thread to see about the returning flares (my doc says it happens to a lot of people 7-10 days into prednisone treatment and I am day 22 and down to 45mg).

My main stressor is gone and I want to give my continued support to those of you still dealing with relationship trouble on top of Crohnís. I am physically feeling worse today but my heart and soul is healing ❤️

Love you all 😘

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Relationship Troubles and IBD Support Group