Share Facebook

08-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #1
crs

My Support Groups:
Hello

Hi, my name is Andrew from Romania and i was diagnosticated with crohn in 2012 at 17 years old. Was very hard at first don't knowing what can i eat what i can't..I was scared but in 3 years i learned what i can eat and what not to eat. Recently i had stress to much (get fired from a job, my Grandpa got diagnosticated with cancer) and i got again the old simptoms.. abdominal pain is the worst ! ..I got at my doctor and he raise my meds i hope i will be okay..
Sorry for my bad english i hope all of you can understand. All the best, Andrew

08-19-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
· Stoma
Hi Andew sorry you are in this position, hope the change in your medicines help get you better, sorry also about your grandpa.
Sending best wishes your way

5yrs since dxd. 3yrs in remission.. in remission since march 2014, dxd july 2012, ileostomy march2014, reversed feb 2015 all's good so far
Mandy
08-19-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
crs

My Support Groups:
Thank you ! i hope i will be ok

08-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #4
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
· Stoma
you are welcome .. i think you will be just fine , make sure your doctors look after you well
08-19-2015, 07:16 PM   #5
scottmyster

Hi CRS welcome to the forum, I have had Crohn's Disease for 25 years now, and i still don't know what to eat and what i can eat, so your not alone there. I am sorry about your Grandpa really sad news. I wouldn't worry about your english, i have trouble spelling myself and i am 45. About abdominal pain Buscopan works well. Just a suggest only. I don't endorse drugs , Just thought it might help that's all. i have wicked bad stomach pain and nothing works, only painkillers , and believe it or not a heating pad or a cold bag of french fries on your stomach. i guess it all depends on the momentum of pain.
I hope you find a happy medium, in times of a flare up a liquid diet helps a lot. you can still drink Ensure, Boost or any nutritional drink. Just a suggestion.
Anyway welcome again , see you around the forum.

“The greatest gift that you can give yourself is a little bit of your own attention.” Anthony J. D' Angelo____________________

Dx Crohns 1990
Present medication
Asacol 2400mg and prednisone and buscopan and demerol for pain
Supplements
Omega -3 fish oils
Probotic supplements
B100complex vitamin

08-20-2015, 12:31 AM   #6
crs

My Support Groups:
Thank you scottmyster!.. Cold things really help ! I don't know what Buscopan is but i will ask my doctor about it. All the best, Andrew