• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting Remicade Tomorrow...

How long does it take to become effective? I know the loading phase takes about 6 weeks, mostly I'm just wondering how long people typically stay on prednisone for (it's already been 7 months!) after starting. Thanks!

nogutsnoglory

Good luck! Some people respond fast, within the first 2-3 infusions but most IBD meds take a few weeks to begin noticing a change.

I noticed a changed after my second dose of the loading phase and after the third felt much better. I had my forth dose yesterday and just started to wean off my Entocort. I should be off of it just as I get my next infusion.

I noticed a change after 4 infusions but I didn't get remission until changing the dose and frequency and adding 6mp to the mix. ��

Ugh 7 months of prednisone, I feel for you (my first pred run was 8 months before I started tapering). For me it was dose number 5 where I started to feel definite improvement. It varies but generally if its not working by about dose 5 it is not for you. Many people I talk to feel improvement on dose 2 or 3. remission is usually a longer process though. Hopefully all went well and it works for you.