Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Help needed

08-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
subiejubie

Help needed

Hi all.

First time on here, looking for some help, I'm five months post surgery with an end ileostomy dur to crohns and intestinal tb. Things have been good after the initial settling in period, the problem I have is that because I'm so narrow there isn't a lot of space between my Stoma and belly button, so my flange goes over my belly button and as soon as I move around or bend I'm getting a void an the flange is coming in stuck the whole flange coming away from skin.

I can't use extra tape as I'm allergic, I've tried different bags, Welland, dasnsac and Hollister, the Hollister was the best, the flangecwad perfect and very sticky but the velcro pening kept coming undone!

I'm looking for a one piece soft convex drainable bag with a different shaped flange maybe diamond it butterfly that will be pass my belly button.

Any one have any suggestions.

Thanks for reading.
08-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
araceli
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hello. I don't have an answer for you but I want to welcome you. We have the Surgery forum and Stoma sub-forum. You may want to post your question there. I am sure some one will help.
Current meds.
Remicade since Nov. 2012
Supplements
5000 Vit. D, Multi-Vitamins with Iron
Currently in REMISSION :dance

Mom/ 16 boy
Amplified musculoskeletal pain
Prior. Prednisone, sulfasadine,
Currently. Celebrex, gabapentin, amitriptyline.
08-22-2015, 05:58 PM   #3
David
Co-Founder

Welcome to the community. I agree with araceli, post your question in our stoma forum as they're the experts on this one

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Help needed