• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

In need of some guidance/just been to doctor's office

Hey guys! I'm not a native english speaker so excuse some language difficulties)

Just been to the doctors office. He did a complete gastro- and coloscopy ...essentially taking a look at my entire bowel, from stomach till anus. He found "multiple erosive changes" in the area of my terminal ileum. The rest was all ok. He said it could be Crohn's disease or something infectious.

My symptoms are as follows: My stool fluctuates from time to time. Sometimes it feels absolutely healthy and right but sometimes it is like extremely soft (like a puree or something, with bad smell ---sorry to be that descriptive). Other than that I don't have any typical symptoms. I never have blood in my stool, never have any pain, don't lose any weight and overall feel good. My blood tests were ok, no deficiencies although I do remember that prior blood tests had me on the lower normal range of Vit. B12 and Vit. D3. The doctor took of course biopsies from everywhere and said he is awaiting histology results.

I just wanted to know that if there is anything else reasonably thinkable besides Crohn's disease? I searched the internet and it seems like "erosive changes in the terminal ileum" is almost certain to be Crohn's , right? Any advice would be appreciated....

Honey

Staff member
Hi there and welcome, It will probably take more tests to settle for Crohns as a diagnosis. It may be I B D which is easier to deal with as you do not seem to have the severe symptoms of pain and virtually constant Diarr... Let me know how you are. Get well. However, only the Professional can diagnose.

There are a lot of diseases that mimic crohn's. Yersinia, giardasis. Hopefully biopsies will give you an answer. Good Luck.