Share Facebook

09-18-2015, 01:42 AM   #1
erinjayee

My Support Groups:
Thrush!!

Hi all,
I am on a stack of anti-biotics at the moment. And the thrush - omg! oral and vaginal - but also perineal and on my buttocks - it seems to be everywhere. I have taken the fluconazole tablet and am applying topical creams - any other suggestions?
09-18-2015, 02:30 AM   #2
needleyepoke

Hi all,
I am on a stack of anti-biotics at the moment. And the thrush - omg! oral and vaginal - but also perineal and on my buttocks - it seems to be everywhere. I have taken the fluconazole tablet and am applying topical creams - any other suggestions?
Yogurt...

09-18-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
xvee

Google caprylic acid suppliment and ask your doc about it also. Not eating sugar and carb may also help cos yeast feast on them.
09-22-2015, 01:57 AM   #4
erinjayee

My Support Groups:
Thanks for the advice guys. I will try both
09-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #5
lgpcarter

My Support Groups:
I've had thrush twice recently (both times oral, thankfully) and had to do a 10 day course of fluconazole both times.

Seton placement (2) and fistulotomy December 2013. Setons removed July 2014.

Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy July 2016, 25 cms removed

Current meds: Entyvio every 8 weeks, Imuran 50 mg, Flagyl and Cipro 500 mg twice a day
Previously: Remicade, Humira, Simponi, Pentasa, Sulphasalazine, Entocort, Stelara, Methotrexate, Prednisone
09-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
Dunbar

My Support Groups:
I take a probiotic with 30 billion active cells and 8 probiotic strains in between doses of antibiotic. You need at least 2 hours before next dose of antibiotics for the probiotic to do its thing. It has been a game changer for me. And as xvee suggested stay away from sugar sources. This can be tough, it comes in all sorts of disguises. Fruit, juice, milk, pretty much anything white, so whole, fresh, home cooking is your best bet. If you can handle onions and garlic, incorporate those into your meals-natural probiotics. Like saurkraut? Also a good thing for yeast overgrowth.