• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Itching after a week of Amoxicillin/Clarimothromycin/Lansoprazole

Hi all
I was wondering if any had experienced this. I had an endoscopy and the hospital found acid reflux and some other stuff that I don't remember. They prescribed the three medications to be taken for a week, i.e.

Amoxicillin
Clarimothromycin
Lansoprazole

I finished all three but very soon after, I noticed that I had constant moisture/sweat(?) around my anus. No matter what I do, it won't go away. I am constantly itching.

There is nothing physically wrong (just had a doctor's examination) but I according to the website below, rectal itching is a possible gastrointestinal side effect (it's in the paragraph with the heading "For Healthcare Professionals").

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/amoxicillin-clarithromycin-lansoprazole-side-effects.html

I also take 8mg of Questran Light and 200mg of Azathioprine, but have never experienced this symptom before.

Has anyone experienced this problem and how was it sorted out? I finished the course of treatment over a week ago but the problem remains.

thx
David