• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another one building up

I feel for all of you and I'm so sorry cause I know what it takes to get thru just one day. I am 43 a mother of three..I was diagnosed in 2000 with my crohns.my first surgery was in 2009 a year after I had my 2nd son. I was in pain for 6 months.i couldn't stand up straight,my tummy was bloated.i couldn't eat or drink anything without my tummy making a gurgling sound and then cramping for about 10 secs that really feels like 10 mins.. I myself knew that it was my crohns but my GI Dr of 40+years said it wasn't my crohns.the very next night I drove myself to the hospital puking.i can remember walking into the hospital but nothing after that.I woke up to a Dr telling me that I had a full blockage so we took out about a foot of your intestines,and your appendix sense your appendix are so close and you don't need it. Anyway now it's about a year later after having 3rd boy 2014 and it has all started back up about 2 months ago I went into hospital.PB is what they said but as of right now my symptoms are way more intense. The cramping is the worst of it. I'm thinking that it's working it's way to a full blockage and I'm dreading going into the hospital again..i don't wanna put any Dr's down but you yourself knows your body better then anyone and for a Dr that has practice GI for over 40 years and tells you that your symptoms are not due to your crohns well that has made me lose all trust in Dr's.. Anyways thanks for letting me tell my story.i hope you all well as I do myself..

Sorry to hear you aren't doing well and that Drs haven't been great to you. Have you found a new GI since? Experience doesn't mean much if the doctor doesn't listen to you. I would recommend seeking out a new doctor or at least a second opinion.

That said blockages are serious stuff. If your symptoms are getting continually worse you need to go to the emergency room, not just your doctor. They should be able to check you out and say blockage or not. It is not worth holding off on something that can be so dangerous. Don't feel like it is unnecessary just because You had a bad doctor. If it doesn't get better soon or gets any worse please go to the emergency room

I'm trying now to get in with a new GI..i was suppose to see a GI last week but they said they didn't take my insurance so I'm looking for one that will.. I know I should go into the hospital to get check out but I figure sense my last visit a couple months ago with a PB they will just tell me to go on a liquid diet for three days again..i myself feel that it's gonna end up with having surgery again and I'm dreading it.. Right now my symptoms are the cramping for a few sec then gurgling.iv lost a lot of weight in just a month's time and it's scary..i will go in if I start puking cause then I know for sure that it's a full blockage for me.. Thanks for your reply and caring.

That's good. Going on a liquid diet seems like a sensible idea. As soon as you starting throwing up though head to emergency.

and tells you that your symptoms are not due to your Crohn's well that has made me lose all trust in Dr's..
Hi wipedout,
sorry for your situation.
you have just summed up my week exactly.
I guess we are in the same boat?
time to patch & bail?
good luck to ya!
peace
w

ps
my bloods said I am okay. :)
but my blood lied ??? :O
:D

Hi. I'm new to your forum but have had this "hobby (lol)since 8yrs old. I have had many experiences. Blood wrk and tests do not always show the severity of the attack. Always trust your own instincts. It hid a blockage!!! Keep looking for a dr who is willing to listen to his best expert..u. this disease gives no choice bit know our bodis

Very up close and personal
. It is always telling u the truth. I value all the docs that help us. But our goal is the best health possible. And that will require being heard. Take care.