• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello, I'm Brad.

Hey, My name is Brad. I am 14 years of age and diagnosed with Crohn's disease.

My story:

The symptoms started in September of last year, I was having painful bowel movements. I put off mentioning it, thinking it would go away. When the pain started increasing and i started getting abdominal pain aswell, i told my mother. We went to my doctor, he examined. Lol. After finding out i had anal fissures, i was perscribed an ointment to help heal and prevent infection. After hoping that would solve everything i was dissapointed to see the problems increased and that it did not even seem to help decrease the pain or heal them. So after going back to my doctor i was sent to a gastroenterologist who had me do a variety of tests from having a colonoscopy to testing my perspiration. After undergoing tons of tests I finaly had the answer to all of my problems: Crohn's Disease.

I am joining this forum because I am curious how everyone else deals with Crohn's and whatnot.
I am currently on a few medicatoins which help alot so i am living close to as normal as a life as before i had symptoms, the only major problem is when i am exercising, i get a painful cramp feeling in my abdoman, which kind of prevents me from participating in any sports and activities that your typical teenager would do lol.
I am going to my gastroenterologist tomorrow, so i will let everyone know how it goes.
Thanks for reading :D :poo:

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
:welcome: Brad,

I'm glad you found this forum. There is a lot of good information here. It's great that you are having a good response to your medications. I hope your appointment goes well.

imisspopcorn said:
:welcome: Brad,

I'm glad you found this forum. There is a lot of good information here. It's great that you are having a good response to your medications. I hope your appointment goes well.
Thanks! and I like your name lol, i used to be a daily consumer of popcorn! And come to find out i cannot eat it because it causes me severe pain.. I almost cried when my doctor told me popcorn is was what was causing the pain.

Welcome Brad,

You sound very grown up for 14!

Nice to have some young ones join us. There are some great people on here and lots of information so make sure you ask all the questions you need to.

Shaz :Flower:

fenway1971

Sports Crohnie
Hey Brad! What meds are you on?

Welcome to the club. You'll find lots of good info and pointers on here, especially on diet and stuff.

fenway1971 said:
Hey Brad! What meds are you on?

Welcome to the club. You'll find lots of good info and pointers on here, especially on diet and stuff.

mesalamine, iron supplement, calcuim supplement, ciprofloxacin, and mercatopurine. And thanks to everyone who replied.

Hi Brad, welcome to the World of Crohnnies. Sorry to hear about your diognoses. It does stink to have crohn's and love sports. I use to play softball and run but like you I tend to get painful cramping. Even when I do strenuos work it hurts.

Hope things stay good for a long time. Make sure you take your Calcium supp. religously. It will help a lot.

Hey there!

Welcome aboard! I've just joined too, but it seems like a great place to be for support and advice - I think we've come to the right place.

I'm really sorry about the problems you're having at the moment though - I know it can be difficult - not to mention a bit scary too - I was diagnosed when I'd just turned 15 (but that was 20 years ago now - no internet then - can you imagine! - geesh, how did we survive?!) - and I think your right in wanting to find out all about Crohn's disease and other people's experiences - hope we can all help.

So any probs, just ask away and we'll do our very best.

Take care

Sweets xxx