• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another Newbie to the Forum

Thank goodness to google, it brought me to this forum. And I can honestly say I felt so relieved to maybe possibly find a place where there is actually someone out there who knows how I feel and kinda what Im going through. Because alot of the time I feel like no one I know has a clue what I go through.

My name is Tahnee (sounds like Connie but with a T :thumright:); Im 25 and was diagnosed with Crohns in Sept of '08. I have been hospitalized twice in the past year, first was with a purforation and the second was pain due to a bad flare with a fistual I had from a purforation. I was first on Pentasa, then Entocort, Imuran (I had a bad reaction) then back on Entocort. Due to the fistualating Crohns I have now Im in the process of getting on Remicade. I am slightly nervous about it, I have heard that some people have the bad reaction and others it has changed thier life for the better. Anemia is also a battle, I just found out from my family Dr that my iron levels are really low so I have to see my GI tomorrow to try and get another iron infusion (supplements make me sick to my stomach).

Thats pretty much my Crohns story! Nice to meet you all!

Hey there And welcome, I am new here too and I have found alot of helpful threads on here and alot of very helpful advice everyone here is wonderful and always willing to help or just talk if need be.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Welcome Canadian Bella,

I am glad you found us. I am on Remicade as well. I haven't had any problems. Check out the treatment thread for the Remicade club. I'm sorry your having such a hard time with anemia. Have you had your B12 levels checked? Us Crohnies have trouble absorbing it. B12 is important in the formation of red blood cells and can cause anemia as well. Let us know how your Remicade goes.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey CB welcome. As with meds and vitamins I always take it with food unless it says not to. Cipro is the only one that says best on an empty stomach. Even with all these precautions, I ended up needing Nexium but I only take it when needed up to 6 weeks. AS for Remicade, just as any medication, some works for you that may not for anyone else. Depending on your body and how it will accept it. Try not to worry, most everyone who was on it did very well.

Hey There!

Welcome to the forum, I'm new too, and reading through some of the threads everyone seems so supportive and helpful - I think it'll be a great place to share and support others too.

Sorry, you've been feeling so unwell lately, hopefully the extra iron will give you just a little more energy at least. I've had iron infusions too (like you I couldn't stomach the supplements - like I didn't have bad enough stomach ache as it was!). The one thing I noticed about them was everyone on the hospital ward I was on kept asking me what was in the IV - a big bag full of black liquid going into your arm looks really weird! I had them once a week for 3 months and everytime it was the same - "what's in that?!" It looked such a fascinating concoction but such a dull answer when I replied 'iron'!

All the best chuck!

Sweets
xxxx