• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed, just saying hi!

Hi, I'm new here! I'm undiagnosed, but all symptoms point to Crohn's. Yesterday I took a micronutrient blood test (results in 14 days), and also ordered an Enterolab digestion panel, the results of which I'll have 2-3 weeks after I send in my sample.

I was diagnosed Celiac 10 years ago (after 30 years undiagnosed), and also pancreatic enzyme insufficiency (caused by the damage from long-undiagnosed Celiac).

My recent symptoms are different to the symptoms I get from those issues. (In fact, I've actually had those issues under excellent control -- I've been on GAPS for a while).

Here are my symptoms:

- pulsing, electric shock type pain. most often in lower right abdomen, but actually happens in other places -- belly button, left of belly button, other parts of stomach, right glute (butt muscle!)
- serious constipation, but with that 'pre-diarrhea' feeling about 5 times a day
- after about 5 days of constipation, it'll switch to diarrhea for a few days
- weird poops (mucus, etc., but no blood)
- sometimes stabbing pains upon eating (comes and goes)
- lowered appetite
- body aches, esp. in joints (ankles, wrists, calves, shoulders)
- sudden recent tooth decay
- depression (currently being managed with Sam-E, but I have to work at it)
- sudden nausea
- sciatica (comes and goes, and corollated with this recent flare up)

I also get myoclonic jerks/twitches when sleeping/falling asleep. not every night, but often. Don't know if that's related, but the twitches often alternate with the pulsy/electric shock type stomach pains.

I'm on zero meds, and take high quality probiotics. I eat really well and have done for 10 years.

I just ordered some liquid vitamins and minerals. With my teeth, I'm convinced I have malabsorption (after all, I have 2 malabsorption diseases already, even if I don't have Crohn's on top of it all!)

Previous Enterolab tests showed I had anti-bodies to Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast, which they've now discovered is a serological marker of Crohn's (and in some ways rules out colitis).

Anyway, glad to be here, hoping to get some answers soon!