• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Is Crohn's disease related to upper back pain

Hi all, I've had Crohn's disease for around 6 years. I've had a resection of my small bowel and a fistula repaired in that time. The last couple of years I have noticed my symptoms coming back. I am starting to experience pain what seems to be behind my shoulder blade which is stopped me from moving around and also hurts to breathe in. Can anybody shed some light if this is related. I have just got out of yet another stint in hospital so my condition is quite active at the minute.

Thanks guys xx

I would recommend to do so as well, before I was diagnosed with Crohn's my back started hurting between my shoulder blades. I am also more likely to have vertebra blockages in that region when my overall inflammation is worse and the chiropractor can help me then short term.

Kerryann, if you see any correlation between your GI symptoms and the back pain that could be a hint for enteropathic arthritis as well. Before I was diagnosed with Crohn's I thought I just feel bad in general, but when my inflammation in my intestines is lower, any other pain in my joints decreases or disappears when I am on high doses of steroids.