• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How long do you keep your liquid diet going for?

Hi all!

I'm 26 and have had crohns for 10 years and am currently, a bit unsuccessfully, taking humira fortnightly (unsuccessfully as I keep flaring up!)

Due to the constant flare ups I tried to go on a partial liquid diet which has involved me drinking a smoothie all day and then at 6pm I have a bland meal like chicken and potatoes or salmon and rice. So far *fingers crossed* this seems to be pulling me out of my flare up, I'm not out of the woods yet however I feel like I'm getting there. It's like a magic cure! And I'm sure this should be advocated more from doctors and hospitals, the only reason I've heard of it is because of this forum. My question is, anybody that has done this, how long do you stay drinking your liquids for? Do you do it as a preventative measure? Or do you do it for so many weeks and then come off it, and if so, how many weeks? Any help, advice or stories of your own experiences doing this would be so helpful. Thank you