Share Facebook

11-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
Charlotte.

My Support Groups:
Elemental diet: acidic?

I started elemental diet today with Elemental 028 to help with my symptoms, including my really bad stomach symptoms that I'm dealing with currently but I can't help, when I drink the Elemental 028 (sachets, orange flavour), it feels as if I have some food with vinegar so that my terminal ileum is burning again. It hasn't been burning that bad for a few weeks.

I looked up some ingredients and many of them seem to be more on the acidic side (i.e. calcium phosphate if I am correct) than on the alkaline.
Can someone agree? If yes, I don't know if it is helpful for me...

Stelara; Uceris; Lansoprazole; Domperidone.

Previously: Remicade, Humira, Simponi, Azathioprine, Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Entocort, Uceris, Prednisolone, TPN, EEN, different alternative treatments.
11-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I have no knowledge of the diet but it doesn't sound good for you. Or you might have to adjust something.
11-25-2015, 12:55 PM   #3
Charlotte.

My Support Groups:
Thank you anyway for your comment! It's the "standard" elemental diet which is supposed to be so effective because everything is split down in very, very small units but I can imagine that even these very, very small units could be irritating? At least there is no magnesium citrate in it, which would be crazy, at least for my intestines. I now switched to the unflavoured version (not easy to bring that down, no nice taste) and see if it changes or feels better.
11-25-2015, 04:50 PM   #4
Mattie

Elemental 028 requires that you drink a lot of water with it.
11-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #5
Charlotte.

My Support Groups:
Thank you, Mattie! What exactly do you mean by that? "A lot" can mean per 1 300ml glass exactly the same amount of water or at least 600ml? I was told to drink 1-1.5 litres of water in addition to the 2.5 litres of elemental, so I'm drinking, drinking, drinking. Shouldn't that be enough?

I just found your post: 2 to 3 litres in addition, really? That is a huge amount. Okay, I will increase my water intake. Thank you!
11-26-2015, 04:32 AM   #6
Mattie

Hi Charlotte

I have always used the elemental 028 which comes ready mixed in tetra packs not the powder which you have to mix yourself. I used to drink at least a couple of litre bottles of water if I was having elementals as my sole source of nutrition.