• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Where to now?

Hi I'm a 31 year old male living in Ireland. I suffer daily with up to 14 bm's with blood mucus etc. On strict gluten and wheat free diet. Two docs agree at my hosp thru colonoscopy and ct I have colitis but the consultant gi refuses to treat ne for colitis. I now have no energy terrible symptoms and two small kids looking forward to Xmas with an almost useless father. Any advice wud be hugely appreciated?

Welcome. It would seem like I would go with the majority of opinions. Could you go to one of the doctors who say colitis? Are you taking any iron supplements? Do you have any help? I wish you the best. Keep us updated.

Lady Organic

Staff member
why the doctor refuses to treat your colitis?

take your colonoscopy reports and go to another Hospital emergency. Even if you dont have them, just go. You got to find help ASAP and do not take no for an answer. these are serious symptoms you got right now and you cant wait and risk possible further damages. good luck.

Hi i have to agree go to a another hosp they do need help you and cant leave it like that. I hope you get the help you need. Please keep us updated