• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New with a few questions.

Hello, I am a 38 year old female, I have been diagnosed with Crohns since 2004. I have had 4 bowel resections, 2 fistulas, and a abdominal abscess. I have been hospitalized for flares more times then I can count. I currently take Imuran and prednisone. I have a couple questions. The other night I had to go to the E.R due to passing a kidney stone. The DR did a CT Scan. she came back and told me that I have a TON of backed up stool in my bowels. Now the only time I get backed up is when I have a stricture. But I am still going to the bathroom several times a day. It is always just colored water, never solid. It is usually this way. But she said that it looks like there is several days of stool in there. She said it is rare for the person who reads the CT Scans to comment on constipation, so she said there was A LOT of stool there for him to comment. For the past couple weeks, I am always sick to my stomach and in a lot of pain. I asked her if I had a stricture, she said the person reading the scan didnt say anything about that. My question is....if I still pass watery stools several times a day... is it possible I do in fact have a stricture and it is just open enough to pass water? I have a history of getting inflamation strictures, and I get admitted for a few days to get the stricture down.

When you are backed then the watery liquid will still flow past the obstructed area. I would definitely contact your GI and get that CT report and images to him.